IMPORTANT UPDATE | CORONA VIRUS MARCH 10
Updated: 10 March 2020
To the UNE Community,
We continue to closely monitor the official alerts surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak.
UNE is reviewing travel (exchanges, study abroad programs and conferences) and the management of large scale events to enable effective social distancing.
For UNE Staff, travel will be considered on a case by case basis based on risk assessment of the destination involved. All international travel requested must be booked through Campus Travel and will require approval by the Chief Operating Officer as the level 2 travel approver.
Please note UNE Open Day (8 May) has been postponed.
As well as linking to the latest information provided by both the federal and state authorities below, there are also recommendations on managing your safety in social situations and public spaces:
- Instead of greeting someone by shaking hands, kissing hello or hugging, stand back and acknowledge with a friendly gesture
- Hand sanitiser has been positioned nearby as many toilets and main entrances in all of our campuses and residential colleges – use it regularly
- Consider avoiding large events where diverse groups of people are gathered from varied areas.
All Federal Government advice has also been updated:
- The Department of Education, Skills, and Employment have updated it’s fact sheets
- For further health advice please visit the Department of Health website
- For information on travel restrictions please visit the Department of Home Affairs website
- If you have arrived back from Chinese mainland and you need to self-isolate, the BBC has prepared a video to explain what you need to do.
If you have been to China, Iran, Italy, Japan or South Korea and you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, you should immediately phone your GP and explain your symptoms and your travel history.
Do not make an appointment or attend a GP practice or hospital without informing them first, as they will need to make arrangements to protect others before you arrive.
This message has been provided by Professor Peter Creamer | Chief Operating Officer, UNE