IMPORTANT UPDATE | CORONAVIRUS 19 Feb 2020
Updated: 19 February 2020
To the UNE Community,
UNE is monitoring the evolving situation regarding the novel coronavirus , 2019-nCov that has originated in Wuhan City in China. The situation is constantly evolving.
On Thursday 13 February, the Australian Government announced that existing travel restrictions for people travelling to Australia from mainland China will be extended based on the advice of the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC).
- The Department of Education, Skills, and Employment has updated it’s fact sheets to reflect this information.
- For further health advice please visit the Department of Health.
- For information on travel restrictions please visit the Department of Home Affairs.
This message has been provided by Professor Peter Creamer | Chief Operating Officer, UNE
Update from the Department of Health
Letter Re: COVID-19 – University students from countries or regions outside mainland China arriving in Australia
Advice from NSW Health
NSW Health advises the best way to protect yourself is the same as you would against any respiratory infection. Practice good hygiene by:
- making sure to clean your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub
- cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or a flexed elbow
- avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
DFAT has updated travel advice to Do Not Travel to China.